Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Qs & As

So I have had pretty much the same question on my mind for a long time now and I got a partial answer that, for a while satisfied me but I have had the main part of the answer for a long time, I was just pretending I hadn't heard it. I keep making resolutions and goals to act on that answer but tonight it finally made sense and I finally said to myself, what am I waiting for? Here is the answer: if all it takes for me to find my true love and live happily every after and enter the next stage of life that I feel so ready for is to make myself a better person by reading my scriptures every night why am I not doing it? I am going to do it. It's as simple as that.

That's not the only reason I have finally decided to get my act together and read my scriptures daily - I learn so much from them and I want to learn more I just lack the self motivation. I have been praying for more of that because I feel like the long hours at work coupled with shorter, colder days have made me lazy and unmotivated. Today was a great day - I got a lot of Christmas shopping done, spent the day with my awesome mother, had a great time at the ward party, came home and tidied up my room and still have plenty of time to read my scriptures so why can't that happen every day? There is no reason it can't. The more I accomplish the more motivated I am to get more done - makes sense, right?

I hope this kick lasts and I feel like it will because I haven't felt this motivated in a while and it feels good. I am in a new stage in my life where the routines of school are not governing how I schedule my time and if I don't get a handle on things now, chances are I will never have a good grip on the pieces that hold everything together. I know that if I make the little changes I need to now, I won't have to adjust so much when big changes come along - and doesn't that sound nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment